OPEN POSITIONS: PROGRAM MANAGER @ ANGEL CHALLENGE
PROGRAM MANAGER @ ANGEL CHALLENGE
Company: Angel Challenge AS
Job Title: Program Manager
Open positions: 3
Location: Oslo, Norway
Start Date: Mid-September 2018
Contract duration: 3 months (with the option to be extended)
Applications Close: 1st of August 2018
For questions and enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a passion for startups? Are you up for the challenge of activating angel investors in Norway, your country or elsewhere? Do you love to help and impact others in a serious, but fun environment? Are you comfortable on a small stage and get energy from helping others? If you can relate to any of these - Then we have the job for you!
We are searching for 3 Program Managers to run the Angel Challenge programs for the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 and help us grow as a global organization.
You will join us for 3 months in our offices in Oslo where you will:
- Be trained to become an AC Program Manager
- Run 1 or 2 of the Angel Challenge programs for Fall 2018: Oslo, Trondheim, Stavanger, Bodø.
After these 3 months, the Program Manager should also be willing to run an Angel Challenge program in their country or local community during Spring 2019.
About Angel Challenge
Angel Challenge is a workshop-based program to train Angel Investors on startup investing and to accelerate startups in their growth journey. For two months, 20 Angel Investors and 10-15 Startups work together and challenge each other on the different stages of growth and fundraising of a startup.
With these programs, our mission is to build a stronger startup ecosystem by professionalizing the startup investing industry, by activating more angel investors, making the investments more visible, and making more startups investable.
Our premise is that Angels and Startups “Learn by doing”. At the end of the program, Angels learn about startup investing by performing their first investment. While startups learn how to be investable by developing their investment case opportunity and closing their first fundraising round.
Angel Challenge is a part of a greater network and team under the umbrella Startup Norway. Startup Norway are working with Angel Challenge, Startup Extreme and OHOI - Oslo House of Innovation (a startup-investor space). You will be part of this team.
Angel Challenge facts
Since we started in 2015, Angel Challenge has:
- Trained more than 300 investors and 500 founders
- Run 13 programs in 5 cities around Norway
- Facilitated more than 30 investments with a total amount of 70 Million NOK (7 Million EUR)
Angel Challenge was awarded best Norwegian accelerator program in Nordic Startup Awards 2016.
About the role of Program Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager is responsible for running an Angel Challenge program together with the AC team. AC team is responsible for the recruitment of startups and investors to the program and will provide you with the content, materials, systems and training needed to run a program successfully.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for executing an Angel Challenge program. You will act as a facilitator to the program. This is:
- You will host program participants and invited guests
- You will provide lesson materials and workshops to the investors and startups
- You will coordinate all activities, meetings and events set as a part of the program
- You will manage relationships and communications with program participants, speaker and other AC partners.
- You will follow up program participants during the program and secure that program goals are met.
- You will be a representative of Angel Challenge in the community
- Great oral and written communicator in English. It is a plus if you speak Norwegian, but it is not required.
- Good group facilitation skills.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ work experience
- Proven track-record as an independent and responsible doer through prior experience.
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities – The Program Manager makes investments and wipe down tables
- You work for the mission, not for counting work-hours
- Credible background experience towards investors
- Proven interest and competence around startups fundraising/ investments/ venture capital etc.
- Strong positioning in your local startup community
- Previous experience as facilitator to a startup community event
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
Perks and Compensation
- Competitive Terms
- Learning experience in angel investing and startup growth
- Opportunity to run an Angel Challenge program in your own community
- Freedom under responsibility
- Traveling opportunities around Norway and abroad
- Unexpected career opportunities (we move fast!)