PROGRAM RULES AND DESCRIPTION
Angel Challenge™ is a workshop based program for Angel investors and startups. For a series of evening workshops over two months 20* Angel investors work closely together analyzing 20* promising startups. The startups are competing for their attention, and final investment.
The participating investors, both experienced and new to angel investing, set aside 50 000 NOK each upon entering the Challenge. During the program they work together in groups, selecting and helping the 5 finalist startups become a winning investment case, before voting for a single winner at the Angel Challenge™ Finale day.
Overall investor participation criteria
• Want to share experiences on Angel Investing in Norway
• Has 50 000 NOK to invest, and more in the future
• Want to gain access to early stage startups
• Available to participate in the program activities
Overall startup participation criteria
• Company at early-revenue stage
• Dedicated team
• Can show some validation in their market
• Early version of product is launched
• Registered company
The investor participation fee is from NOK 10.000,- eks.mva. per investor in addition to the NOK 50.000,- Investment. The participation fee and the funding from Angel Challenge’s sponsors covers the cost of the program. 100% of the investment will go to the winner.
* Depending on amount of parisipating investors and startups
The Selection Process
STAGE 1 - from 20 to 5
Sorting of all applications
The organising team in Angel Challenge™ will sort out applications that comply with the basic Angel Challenge™ Application Criteria.
Relevant applications will be available for the investors to read and rank based on criteria from Angel Challenge™. A maximum of 20 startups are invited to meet the investors.
Meeting the Startups
During the kick-off day, investors are invited to meet and mentor the invited startups.
● 20 selected startups are invited to pitch for the investor panel
● The investors have read the applications before the pitching day
● 5 startups will be selected for stage 2 by voting
STAGE 2 - from 5 to 1
● The 5 finalists will take part in the program and the workshops together with the investors.
● At the time of the Finale, the investor group has then spend 5 evening workshops with the 5 finalists to evaluate them as investment cases.
● One winner will receive the full investment at the finale day.
● Angel Challenge™ as the organiser retains the right to at any time cancel the program in its entirety both before and during the program. By such an incident the program fee and investment sum will be returned.
● Angel Challenge™ as the organiser retains the right to disqualify and exclude an investor for participating in the program at any time before and during the program. By such an incident the investment sum will be returned.
● Each participating investors has one vote in each selection process
● An investor must be present to vote
● In order to vote at the finale, an Investor must be present at minimum 30% of the workshops.
● If two or more startups have equal number of votes and this prevents selection, a revote will be taken on the startups in question
● An investor is disqualified to vote for startups where they have ownership or other strong personal stakes.
To participate the investor signs the “Angel Challenge™ Investor Participant Agreement”. The Investor Partner Agreement is a binding document that give the right to participate in the respective Angel Challenge™ program.