What should Mentors do?
Mentors are responsible for running the sessions. This will include time keeping to leading the conversation to gain the optimum outcome for both startup and mentor.
Remember that you should give advise on:
- How the company could become more investor ready
- Business model
- Product market fit
- Who they should be approaching for investment
Goals for Mentors
- Guide teams to focus their attention on building a strong foundation for a solid startup (Problem, Solution, Market Size, Customers, Value Prop, Business Model, etc.)
- Direct teams toward becoming experts in the applicable sphere of their potential startup.
- Help ensure that teams assume nothing. Identify assumptions being made and force them to tackle those assumptions.